× Welcome to the 928 Owners Club Forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Dash cover replacement

• Allan Marble
  • Allan Marble's Avatar Topic Author
More
17 Feb 2018 18:41 #20192 by Allan Marble
Dash cover replacement was created by Allan Marble
I have a recently purchased 1984 928, the dash is full of cracks. I know I can purchase a "dash cover" , but that is what it will look like (a cover). Anyone have any suggestions. Haven't been able to find a true replacement. All of the old dash is there, just full of cracks, but seems solid. I thought of getting a piece of vinyl or leather to install over the existing pieces. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Feb 2018 18:50 #20194 by Zimoludek
Replied by Zimoludek on topic Dash cover replacement
Hi Allan,

I'm looking for the same exact thing for my 1979 and been having the same issues. I seen some cheep vinyl sticker kind of things but I'm not interested in that. Let me know if you find anything for yours.

More
20 Mar 2018 13:58 #20247 by n9206u
Replied by n9206u on topic Dash cover replacement
928 dash I had the same problem, however I don't know the severity of yours however there is a company in Pennsylvania that makes a crack filler. The name is COLOR-PLUS, 570 686-3158, EMAILcolorpls@ptd.net. The owner is a lady named Susan she can match all Porsche colors. The product I used was FLEX-FILL. I then colored it with SURFLEX SURFACE COLORANT. You can also dye the FLEX-FIL With colorant. When I filled all the cracks I sanded it and then colored the whole dash with SUREFLEX.
GOOD LUCK, BILL in W.V.

Moderators: Rich928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!