Our purpose is to support owners in their use and maintenance of the Porsche 928 and to foster camaraderie among owners throughout the world.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the 928 Owners Club Forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Restoration help

Restoration help 12 Sep 2017 18:35 #19985

• Tony A
  • Junior Forum Member
Hello everyone, I thought this would be the best place to come to for honest advice.I recently purchased my second 928, it's 91 gt. It's in good condition but it's got a few gremlins. There is a vibration, even at low speeds. If I simply race the engine while in neutral I still feel it.
What I'm hoping is to find a shop that can basically restore the mechanical end, I have someone to take care of the paint and body work. The interior is very good with the exception of the drivers seat, some of the pleats are separating. I plan on shipping the seat to 9leather for repair.
If anyone has a strong recommendation for a top notch shop please let me know.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Restoration help 19 Sep 2017 00:55 #19992

• Kiln_Red
The vibration could be due to collapsed original engine mounts. An easy diagnostic tip is to raise the hood and stand at the front of the car while a helper races the engine while you observe the engine and chassis. The engine should noticeably shake from the increased RPM. If it isn't, then the mounts aren't absorbing the energy anymore. The body of the car is.

As far as recommending a shop.. Where are you located?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: mm928
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds