Our purpose is to support owners in their use and maintenance of the Porsche 928 and to foster camaraderie among owners throughout the world.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the 928 Owners Club Forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Greetings from Ohio!

Greetings from Ohio! 27 Aug 2017 20:07 #19966

• 928sJIB
  • New Forum Member
Hello...

I picked up a 1986.5 928S in Prussian Blue Metallic just over two months ago. Turns out that one of the previous owners was Ed Ruiz, the car still has a 928OC sticker on the window. It looks like this was his first 928 maybe. Its had two other owners since, the last one barely put 800 miles on it in 10 years (he did have the transmission rebuilt though). I got it from a place in Nashville, TN and had it transported. Unfortunately aside from hearing it start in the trailer and driving it up my driveway, the thing hasn't started until today due to problems with the fuel system. The fuel was a nice mix of rust and old fuel, the fuel filler neck was completely coated in rust. The negative wire to the fuel pump was shot, the fuel filter and fuel pump were also fried. The tires on it were 17 years old, took the wheels over to firestone and had them mount new tires on them. Looks like the brake pad sensors are disconnected on at least the front, and the antilock sensor wiring looks a bit frayed, which would explain both lights. Otherwise it seems like its in pretty reasonable shape. The sunroof doesn't work either, there is a stop light warning and the dash lights don't appear to work.

This is my first Porsche, seems pretty easy to work on though. I also have a 1979 Corvette L-82, 1989 Corvette (project) and a 2007 Mazda RX-8.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Greetings from Ohio! 29 Aug 2017 13:36 #19968

• Rich928
  • Administrator
Welcome. You'll have a fine Porsche 928 once the problems are fixed.
Rich
Membership Chairman
Charter Member
1993 928 GTS Cover Girl
1987 928 S4
1979 928 5-speed rescue
1979 928 5-liter track beast

Greetings from Ohio! 12 Sep 2017 05:40 #19983

hi nice to meet you :)
Do your best to reach your goals )))

Greetings from Ohio! 15 Sep 2017 12:32 #19988

• Tony A
  • Junior Forum Member
Welcome, I'm also located in Ohio chagrin Falls just on the eastern suburbs of Cleveland I've got a 1991 928 GT just was wondering if you're nearby or in the area
Moderators: mm928
Time to create page: 1.865 seconds