× Welcome to the 928 Owners Club Forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Where to buy a Front Spoiler

• Tarheelexec
  • Tarheelexec's Avatar Topic Author
More
17 May 2016 16:32 #19000 by Tarheelexec
Where to buy a Front Spoiler was created by Tarheelexec
The transport company that relocated my car from Oklahoma to Savannah ruined the front spoiler under the bumper. I suppose by the cable or chain that they used to load the car. Any suggestions where I can locate one (other than dealer cost) for a 1984 928 S

It's straight black and covers the entire front. Any particular parts vendor I can count on? How difficult to replace myself....I'm reasonably handy

Thanks DON

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 May 2016 16:04 - 22 May 2016 16:25 #19014 by jmwise
Replied by jmwise on topic Where to buy a Front Spoiler
Hi Don,

For a new one, I'd suggest checking with Roger Tyson - proprietor of 928sRUs www.928srus.com (817) 430-2688 He sells OEM at significant discount to the dealers.

For a good used one, check with Mark Anderson - proprietor of 928 International www.928intl.com (714) 632-9288 Mark or Tom can help you.

Both of those vendors are well respected in our community and both have given me excellent service over the years.

Shouldn't be too difficult to replace. Let us know if you need further assistance.

P.S. Whereabouts in Oklahoma did you move from? I'm in the Tulsa area and only know of a handful of cars in the state (Altus, Edmond, a few locally, etc).

Jarrod Wise
90GT
928 Owners Club President
928 Registry Chair
Last edit: 22 May 2016 16:25 by jmwise.

More
23 May 2016 14:02 #19026 by ROG100
Replied by ROG100 on topic Where to buy a Front Spoiler
I normally have them in stock for $315 - I have more coming in June.

• Tarheelexec
More
23 May 2016 15:24 #19028 by Tarheelexec
Replied by Tarheelexec on topic Where to buy a Front Spoiler
Hi thanks for the note....I'm new on the forum and new to the 928....I had two previous 911's ...sold them and had sellers remorse. The spoiler got damages in transit by the carrier trucking my car from Oklahoma City to Savannah GA. I suspect the chain or cable ratcheting it up on the truck broke it....it's so low slung. Trying to get them to pay to replace it . When I get that sorted out how do I get back to you? Do you have a web site? Do you carry most other 928 parts? Please advise when you get a chance. My name is Don Walsh What is your contact information?

More
23 May 2016 15:37 #19029 by ROG100
Replied by ROG100 on topic Where to buy a Front Spoiler
If it is on a 928 and available I sell it. Do not use a web site and all my customers all over the World deal with me by email or phone.
817 430 2688 or roger@928srus.com

• Tarheelexec
More
23 May 2016 20:10 #19030 by Tarheelexec
Replied by Tarheelexec on topic Where to buy a Front Spoiler
Car was purchased new in Germany in Sept 1984...part of a euro drive/delivery program. Shipped with 1500 miles on it to the owner in Oklahoma City via a Porsche dealer named Dumont Porsche. Car was purchased by a William Stinchfield who owned it from delivery until July 2015 (31 years !!) and gave it to his employee who sold it to me. All original paint, equipment etc. Has 67251 original miles on it
I plan to have it serviced at Hilton Head Porsche in the next couple of weeks. Hopefully it's all okay. I'll keep your contact information for future purchases
Don Walsh

More
23 May 2016 21:39 #19031 by jmwise
Replied by jmwise on topic Where to buy a Front Spoiler
Sounds like you found a good one!

Dumont Porsche is the local independent shop in OKC. Not sure if they were ever an authorized dealer - Bob Moore Porsche is/was going back as far as I can remember which was the early 90's.

Dumont's serviced my former '90 928GT back in the late 90's. They have a good reputation.

Enjoy your new car!

Jarrod Wise
90GT
928 Owners Club President
928 Registry Chair

Moderators: Rich928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!