Our purpose is to support owners in their use and maintenance of the Porsche 928 and to foster camaraderie among owners throughout the world.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 928 Motorsport Transaxle Review?

928 Motorsport Transaxle Review? 18 Feb 2018 17:07 #20196

• sboehringer
  • New Forum Member
Is anyone familiar with the 928 Motorsports transaxle? I'd like to talk to a few folks who have installed it with their renegade conversion.
Stephan Boehringer
The administrator has disabled public write access.

928 Motorsport Transaxle Review? 21 May 2018 14:31 #20384

• Dundertaker
  • New Forum Member
I own a 86.5 with that I purchased last year the previous owner had installed and decided to sell the car because he was down sizing his house to a condo (retired guy). Qualifying this with....I've not driven it much as the major service needs to be done. I'm just starting that process, so what I can tell you:

It works. I've not "throttled" the car because of the TB issue (never been changed that I know of...car only has 38K on the ODO). It's snappier than the auto and functions fine. The R light comes on in Reverse, and the only negative I can tell you is there is road and wind noise around the shifter because there is simply a piece of plastic covering the old AUTO hole that the 6 speed replaced. I assume I can fix that with some DYANAMAT or something similar. Here is the link to my car Carl posted when he did the swap

I will have the car running soon...I hope. I have all the parts here or on order for the TB and WP and will be able to drive it soon. let me know if you have questions.

Dan
Last Edit: 21 May 2018 14:36 by Dundertaker.

928 Motorsport Transaxle Review? 21 May 2018 16:03 #20385

• sboehringer
  • New Forum Member
Thanks Dan. I've only spoken to one other person thus far. Everything has been quite positive thus far. Still waiting to hear from some more folks.
Stephan Boehringer
Moderators: Rich928, mm928, billvvOC
Time to create page: 1.028 seconds